Notes to applicants
- The information requested is required to process an application for a Specialist Vehicle Permit under the Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Dimensions and Mass 2016. Please refer to Factsheet 13h for additional information about specialist vehicles, or contact your specialist heavy vehicle certifier. Note that permits can be cancelled under section 5.7 of the rule, as detailed in Factsheet 13h.
- The Help & Information button will open a new tab that you can use as a reference when filling out this form.
- It is the Transport Service Licence holder identified in the windscreen of the vehicle who has the responsibility to operate within the regulatory requirements relating to SRT, Brake Code and other applicable vehicle ratings, as well as any other rules such as speed, RUC or log book hours.
- You may apply for multiple identical vehicles on a single application form. Please attach a list of the vehicle registration numbers you wish to include in this application.
- You may be eligible for an extended permit term if you are operating under a contract with a local authority.
- * Denotes mandatory field.
Postcodes are required for the ‘From’ and ‘To’ locations in the route description to enable a more accurate understanding of the route applied for. An example is shown below.